Preachers, here are some questions that you should ask yourself before you write your next sermon.
- What value do you place on the importance of theology in your preaching?
- What influences impact you and how can you maintain accurate theology in light of these influences and biases?
- What are some areas in which our culture shapes your thinking and how do you stand on biblical principles in those areas?
- Who has influenced your systematic theology? If you do not have a well-developed systematic theology, how can you improve that?
- What are your theological beliefs and boundary lines?
- How would you describe sound doctrine and what does it look like in your preaching?