III. CULTIVATING PERSONAL VISION WITH A PRACTICAL PLAN
A. THE FIVE STEP PLAN
B. PRACTICAL NECESSARY STEPS
- Write out your purpose in life and your dreams.
- Pray and fast to receive God’s assurance.
- Communicate it to those you respect.
- Begin to set new priorities that complement your vision.
- Begin to forget past failures and take some faith steps.
IV. COUNTING THE COST OF PERSONAL VISION
LUKE 14:25-33; PROVERBS 6:6-11; 30:25; ECCLESIASTES 2:18-23; 10:18
A. THE COST ANALYSIS
- To consider one’s goals and purpose in a realistic way.
- To calculate how much energy and effort is needed to accomplish the whole task.
- To anticipate distractions, hindrances, snares and traps that will be in your path.
- To list all the privileges you enjoy and determine by careful analysis if these privileges will weaken your progression toward your goals. If they do, you must lay them aside.
- To make a covenant with yourself that you will not give up in times of great discouragement, frustration, or pressure.
- To unite yourself with the kind of people who are going in the same direction
- To purpose in your spirit that you will accomplish God’s purpose for your life in God’s timing and in God’s way.
V. PERSONAL VISION CULTIVATED WITH DREAMS AND GOALS
A. DREAMS DETERMINE MY COURSE (PROVERBS 13:12)
- To dream is to anticipate that which is to come to pass and contemplate it with pleasure.
- To dream is to have fond hope and aspiration for the future.
- To dream is to be totally overtaken by desire that motivates you toward your destiny.
- To dream is to face every obstacle with the determination that it can be overtaken.
To dream is to set specific goals to mark achievement by.
B. A COURSE CHARTED BY GOALS
- Goal : A point toward which effort or movement is directed, the object point in which one is trying to reach. Something that lies in the future. Statements about what could be, what should be and what can be.
- Necessity of Goals
- It is realistic goals that you set for yourself that make life interesting, meaningful and exciting.
- Without goals we have nothing to measure our effort by.
- Without goals man becomes purposeless and life becomes unimportant.
- Without goals we have nothing to confess in faith about.
- Without goals or vision, people perish (PROVERBS 29:18)
- Without purpose and goals man becomes a wandering bird, which the spirit of your day.
- Without purpose and goals is to be without motivation.